3RWIB offers a wide range of services to the area's employers to ensure that the workforce needs of all – small, mid-size and large – businesses are met.
- Pennsylvania Rehabilitation Association Professional Development Institute RFP he Pennsylvania Rehab Association (PRA) seeks presentation proposals for its annual Professional Development Institute (PDI) conference to be held on March 23, 2017, at the Central Penn College in Summerdale, PA.
- Pittsburgh Works Partner Spotlight on Ashley McFall We are proud to partner with Pittsburgh Public School's Start on Success to help young people explore careers, develop work-readiness skills and planning for life after high school.
- Pittsburgh Works Partner Spotlight on Wes Roberts "Pittsburgh Works is invaluable for the information they provide about employers and the regional workforce. Most importantly, it has helped me enhance my connections to fellow colleagues in Pittsburgh's workforce development. A big result of this is that I was able to reduce redundancies in service by knowing which Pittsburgh Works partners can be referred to for specific community needs." ~ Wes Roberts, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.
- Neighborhood Learning Alliance Reading and Tech Warrior Employment Application Could you be a role model to young children? Apply to Neighborhood Learning Alliance's Reading and Tech Warrior program to help a child read or develop an interest in STEM.
- Goodwill's RISE Program Are you between the ages of 17 and 24 and without a high school diploma? Earn your GED while receiving vocational training in carpentry, green building, masonry, plumbing and more.
- Human Services Center Corp.'s Emerging Leaders Program If you're a high school senior in the McKeesport or Woodland Hills areas, are low income, and no older than 18, you could qualify for a free training program at the Human Services Center Corp.
- Auberle's Employment Institute If you're between 16 and 24 and need help completing your education, earning a GED or finding a job, Auberle's Employment Institute can get you on the path to a bright future.
- Bloomfield-Garfield's College and Career Readiness Program If you're a junior or senior in Pittsburgh Public Schools, you could benefit from a host of educational, personal and professional support services offered by Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation. This program also provides paid internships with employers including West Penn Hospital, 1HoodMedia and the Kelly Strayhorn Theater.
- Construction and Culinary Arts Training Program at YouthPlaces Earn while you learn valuable skills in construction or the culinary arts through this training program offered through YouthPlaces. This program is available to young people between the ages of 18 and 24 who are not already attending school.
Offender Workforce Development Specialist Training Applicaton Materials
The Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, in partnership with the 3 Rivers Workforce Investment Board (3RWIB), Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry’s Bureau of Workforce Partnership & Operations and the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, announces the upcoming Offender Workforce Development Specialist (OWDS) training.
Parties interested in participating in this training should complete these materials.
- 3RWIB Youth Policies
- Learn and Earn Supplements Click for income guidelines, work permit information and the parental consent form for Learn and Earn 2016.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The passage of this long-awaited legislation needed to reauthorize and modernize the public workforce system proves that workforce development issues continue to be a national priority The legislation, signed into law in July 2014, emphasizes employer-driven training; investing in sector strategies that make sense; and adopting flexible, individualized strategies to path job seekers to careers.
3RWIB has aligned its programs and policies with this new legislation and is closely following the regulatory process. Moreover, we provide thought leadership to our stakeholders, offering technical assistance and education in preparation for the law’s effect. Click here for news you can use about WIOA.
- PY2016 Business Solutions Policies
- 3RWIB 2016 Policies
New PA law allows old and minor convictions to be sealed
If you've previously been convicted of pleaded guilty to certain misdemeanors, you can ask the court to seal your record. A sealed record will not be available to employers or the public.
Click for more information.
- Learn and Earn Provider Program Documents Learn and Earn Contractors for Tier 1 and Tier 2 youth should review and download these required documents. These documents will need to be submitted throughout the summer.
- PA Women Work Customer Service Training Program
- Hiring Events! Looking for a job in Pittsburgh? Look here!
- Job opportunities at 3RWIB Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- Pittsburgh Works presentation to providers 10.23.14 Miss the last Pittsburgh Works meeting? Check out the presentation here.
- Burns and Scalo Training Opportunities Want to know what the program is like?
- Pittsburgh Works Service Directory
- Certify your skills with a National Career Readiness Certificate
- Where can I go for WorkKeys testing?
- Pittsburgh Works Presentation Did you attend the Pittsburgh Works Collaborative meeting in January? Looking for the presentation? Click here.
Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board Strategic Plan 2015-2016
Found out how here.
- Practice questions for the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test Taking the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test? Try these practice questions.
2016 Learn and Earn Intern Request Form
Could you help shape the future of a young man or young woman? Be a Tier 3 employer in the Learn and Earn summer youth employment program and help set a young person on the path to a bright future while building your future talent.
Click to learn more.
- Looking to hire? Looking for a job? If you're an employer looking for talent or a job seeker looking for a job in Pittsburgh, check out Pennsylvania's JobGateway!
As a publicly funded organization, 3RWIB is required to make several documents available to the public. Those documents can be found here.
- Allegheny County Department of Human Services Employment Services
- Glossary of Workforce Development Terms and Acronyms
- Career Education Web Resources
- Green Jobs and Energy Related Career Pathways Models
- Career Pathway Resources
- Labor Market Information Resources
- PA CareerLink Pittsburgh/Allegheny County PA CareerLink® Pittsburgh/Allegheny County supports local and regional economic development activities by serving as the foundation for the workforce development system. This performance-based system provides employers and job seekers with market-driven services, workshops, and information in an integrated, seamless, universally accessible setting that supports all customers in making informed hiring decisions and/or career choices.
- Career Counseling/Job Search Assistance
- Career Exploration
- Job Postings
- Training Provider Certification
Federal monies are available for employers to take on and train new employees.
Through its Business Solutions team, 3RWIB offers On-the-Job Training funding for employers looking to onboard talent. This unique program benefits employers and employees alike. Its main goal is to provide employers financial assistance for training new employees in the skills they need to perform their jobs effectively. The employer plays a fundamental role in training candidates who have the drive, intelligence and enthusiasm, but who lack the specific skills needed for the job.
Customized Job Training (CJT)
Similar to the On-the-Job Training Program, Customized Job Training (CJT) is a program through which an employer or employers can train cohorts of employees. Click to learn more about this program.
- Individual Training Accounts (ITAs)
- PA Career Education and Work Standards
- National Resources for Exploring your Career and post-secondary options